I've fixed some of the bad images on the original KKND 2 website. The version there before was missing a few files as archive.org didn't have the complete copy.
I've rewritten the beta page to include information about the newly found Alpha Build #145.
After many years of searching, we've now got our hands on an alpha version of KKnD 2. It's dated to 24 Nov 1997, numbers as build #145 and calls itself KKnD II Kollateral Damage. Sadly it doesn't seem to work properly on Windows XP, 7 and 8.1. It's playable on Windows 98, but still crashes a lot there. Like the beta from February 1998, it was meant for the press as review material and probably not as demo material for actual consumers.
Since this version has a lot of new information I'll have to update the Beta section.
You can download the alpha at our Demos section.
Stay tuned for more updates!
I've written a little page about the leaked press beta and other versions meant for the press. You can read it here.
Additionally we got a new partner from China named 0xAA55. He programmed some very neat tools for creating tile sets or even convert whole images into mission files. You should really check out his website if you are interested in KKnD 2 mapping.
Quite unexpectedly an unknown demo version of KKND 1 surfaced today: The CD-ROM version of the early prerelease demo from 1996. Check it out at our demo page.
In other news, the interview page got updated with a digital version of the PC Action article, as opposed to the scanned that we had before, and Justin's photo is now highres.
Check out the updated demo page for rare CD-ROM demos and early betas!
As my time has spent on other things recently, I am assigning a replacement for my role as webmaster: Hallfiry from Germany. He will offer a reinvigorated website with brand new content while keeping a keen eye on the details. He has been an avid fan of the series, regularly posting on the forums here, and he has plenty of web experience - running a large catalogue website: Kult CDs. Welcome to the Planet KKND 2!
I've fixed the forum. Spambots are now filtered using two screening methods and legitimate registrations will get through so new people can contribute once again.
I've added Skype to the KKND 2 Clan. Now there are more ways to get in touch with others to player KKND 2 over the net!
Another welcome feature is the improved administration that will mean new members are actually added to the listing rather than left to rot in an email folder on someone's computer. If you sign up with valid details, you should be verified and online within 24 hours.
If your name is not there yet, feel free to sign up now at Planet KKND 2!
Just added a simple stylesheet design to make the news here look a little better. Please continue to sign the KKND Sequel petition and take part in discussions on the forums and post a nice message on the guestbook!
A few things to point out to people that are new to Planet KKND 2:
1. You can buy the full working US version of KKND 2 here. Hotmail and MSN users will not receive the account details by email as they are shit email providers - they continually blocking legitimate emails. The game cannot be emailed directly to anyone - I have better things to do than using hours of internet time to email one person
2. The KKND 2 mission editor only works under Windows 98 or Windows ME, in other operating systems it either crashes in "landscape mode" or simply refuses to load at all
3. Melbourne House do not support KKND 2 or the KME program in any way. The game was made over seven years ago now.
4. The "English Patch" should not be used with the UK version of KKND 2, it will simply crash the program. In addition, this version cannot connect to any non-UK versions of the game. The US version is a better game.
- If you haven't already done so, please sign the KKND Petition now!